Grab a pen and paper and jot down your honest answer (yes or no) to the questions below to check your emotional health.
1. I often feel hurt or offended by friends or family.
2. When I’m upset or angry, I curse, yell, or raise my voice to get my point across.
3. Some people refer to me as difficult or hard to get along with.
4. Some of my friends, colleagues, and/or family members have mentioned
that I am moody.
5. I feel overwhelmed when I am faced with difficult decisions.
6. I am quick to defend myself when I am hurt or offended.
7. I often hurt the people that love me the most.
8. It is difficult for me to walk away when I’m offended.
9. I thought my life would be better than it is now.
10. I am easily annoyed or bothered.
11. I quickly cut off, ignore, or hurt people that have hurt me.
12. It is difficult for me to celebrate the successes of others.
13. When someone hurts me or does something to offend me I think about it quite a bit.
14. I question the intentions or motives of friends, colleagues, and family.
15. I believe the worst about the intentions of friends and family.
16. I do not have 2-3 people in my life that would refer to me as a really good friend.
17. It is difficult for me to apologize when I’m wrong.
18. I compare my life to others.
19. I tend to date, attract, or marry men that are emotionally unavailable or not willing to fully commit to me.
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, your emotional health is impacting your relationships and your self-esteem. It is time to do some soul work. Take the healing journey today.